Saturday, October 29, 2011

sweet mexican spoon bread









This sweet Mexican spoon bread was at our ward social last night and it looked like the most interesting cornbread besides my pumpkin cornmeal muffins so I had to give it a try.  It reminded me of the little ball of cornbread that used to come on my plate at a Mexican restaurant my family used to frequent when I was a kid.  This bread is really sweet and would be a nice compliment to a big platter full of spicy Mexican food.

sweet mexican spoon bread (The Harpers)
1 can creamed corn
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup corn meal
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 can diced green chiles
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

Mix ingredients and bake in a greased 8x8 pan at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment