Saturday, October 22, 2011

white chocolate dipped pear with pecans












I woke up this morning to this beautiful red pear on my counter and knew I had to do something great with it right away.  My friend Annie sent me a link to these gorgeous caramel pears but after my most recent apple dipping experience I knew I couldn't risk losing this pear to my amateur dipping skills.  I thought about these honeyed pears in puff pastry that another friend told me about but didn't have puff pastry on hand so I decided to make up this fancy(ish) treat.  Dipping fruit in chocolate is sooooo easy.  My biggest problem was deciding what to dip this pear in.  Pecans?  Cranberries?  Edible pearls?  I decided on the pecans.  A row of dipped pears would look gorgeous on a Thanksgiving table.

white chocolate dipped pear with pecans (yours truly)
beautiful red pear
white chocolate, melted in the microwave
topping of your choice

Simply dip your red pear into the chocolate (or spoon it onto the pear).  Dip or sprinkle topping on top and sit on wax paper.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment