Monday, October 3, 2011

candyland cake










My two youngest both have fall birthdays so I've been thinking a lot about parties.  Last year my youngest daughter requested a "Candylandy" party after she saw a photo of her cousin's birthday cake so we attempted one ourselves.  It was so much fun!  Perhaps the most expensive birthday cake I've ever made but if you're going to have a Candyland party you've got to have the right cake!  The kids had a "gym" party where they ran around and played followed by cake and lots of treats in their goody bags.

candyland cake  (Taste of Home)
I won't attempt to copy the recipe.  You can see the "real" cake in all it's glory at Taste of Home.  You can also find a ton of great Candyland Cakes if you google Candyland Cakes.

Note to self:  I need a super huge silver platter for future giant cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment