Tuesday, October 18, 2011

annie's p.f. chang's lettuce wraps remade









I don't know if these taste like the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang's because I've never had them but these are great!  My friend Annie makes the most delicious lettuce wraps and she sent this recipe to me, a newer recipe.  She told me that this recipe is a lighter version and takes half the time to prepare.  Okay, that part had me.  I knew I had to try it.  The verdict:  These lettuce wraps are super tasty!  Everything considered, this is my favorite recipe of the two.  They are so much easier to make and easier to eat too- way less messy.

p.f. chang's lettuce wraps remade  (Annie found this recipe at Iowa Girl Eats)
1 pound ground chicken breast
1/2 medium onion, minced
salt and pepper
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
dash of fresh pepper
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 of 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped (I used celery)
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (I omitted)
10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry

Heat a large nonstick skillet on high.  Add chicken, onion, salt and pepper and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat.  Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper.  Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth.  Add into the skillet and stir to combine.
Add green onions and water chestnuts (celery for me!) into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve with cold lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment