Tuesday, November 1, 2011

stove top spinach balls









Our family had a lot of parties and get-togethers in Hershey.  One year we had a Thanksgiving party and our friends the Kemps brought these spinach balls with a honey Dijon mustard dip.  They were soooo good!  I was walking down an aisle at the store when some Stove Top just about jumped out at me so I figured it was the perfect time to pull this recipe out again.

stove top spinach balls (my friend Amy K.)
1 package (6 ounces) Stove Top stuffing mix
1 2/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed, well drained and patted dry
1 cup 100% grated Parmesan cheese (this time I used grated Mozzarella)
1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms, optional
4 eggs

john's dijon dipping sauce
mayonnaise
Dijon mustard
honey 




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix stuffing mix, hot water and butter in large bowl until well blended.  Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.  Shape into 60 balls, each about 1-inch in diameter (I squashed mine down a bit).  Place in a single layer in two 15x10x1-inch baking pans sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake 15-20 minutes.  Serve with dipping sauce.


2 comments:

  1. Hey! We're doing a Thankful Tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I've been featured! I love looking at your blog to see what you are cooking. So glad you are settled in your new home and doing well!!

    ReplyDelete