Wednesday, November 23, 2011

cranberry fluff



I was never a fruity fluff kind of a girl but my grandma always had some kind of fluff on the table at family dinners- usually raspberry.  I never touched the stuff but this recipe grabbed me.  I think it was the cranberries and maybe there's something about having something sweet and desert-like on the table.  This recipe easy to make and I love that it can be made in advance.  My kids had no trouble licking the bowl and the spoons- I think they're totally into fruity fluffy stuff.  Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

cranberry fluff (blog: Taste and Tell)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 (14 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping

In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.  Add in the cranberries, pineapple and nuts.  Fold in the whipped topping.  Freeze for 20 minutes before serving.  If making ahead, keep in the freezer and bring out 30 minutes before serving.

What I have to say- take note that this salad took about an hour to thaw and I had divided it into two bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment