Saturday, November 26, 2011

cocktail meatballs









We invited the sister missionaries to have dinner with us last night.  We had a couple appetizers out and dinner was ready on time but the sisters were running a little late.  My kids were starving so I let them have a few meatballs.  A few turned into quite a few which turned into a meal (my kids eat fast- the sisters weren't really all that late).  My kids liked them so well I had to force them to leave just a few in the crock pot.  As my grandpa always said, when it comes to waiting for everyone to come to the dinner table, "We wait like one pig waits for another."

cocktail meatballs
your favorite meatballs
1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
3/4 cup chili sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice


In a slow cooker or large saucepan over low heat, blend the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.  Add cooked meatballs and simmer for 1 hour before serving.


1 comment:

  1. So what is your favorite Meatball recipe?? This looks so yummy and easy!

    ReplyDelete