Wednesday, November 9, 2011

dyed pasta for necklaces









I get to teach preschool tomorrow and I'm excited!  The book I chose as our theme is "More Spaghetti, I Say!" and we're going to do all sorts of fun things like make noodle necklaces, sing "On Top of Spaghetti", form the letter Ss out of yarn, count meatballs (pom poms), etc.  We're going to eat my very, very favorite spaghetti sauce with meatballs- you've got to try the sauce!  My mom taught preschool for many years and I remember her coloring all sorts of shaped pasta for necklaces.

dyed pasta
1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1 tablespoon food coloring
2 cups pasta
1 gallon sized freezer bag

Pour food coloring and alcohol into freezer bag and combine.  Add pasta to the bag and mix it all up.  Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.  Let set for about an hour or so until dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment