Wednesday, June 15, 2011

stuffed mushrooms











My sister made these stuffed mushrooms to go with our pesto meatballs the other night. They were delicious! My dad is not a fan of mushrooms so called them toadstools and I like that name even better. Toadstools it is.

stuffed mushrooms (my sister Rebecca)

1 (16 ounce) carton fresh mushrooms

8 ounces cream cheese

a little more than a half pound of Jimmy Dean's HOT breakfast sausage

1 egg

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup grated Mozarella cheese plus more for topping

oregano

garlic

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop up the stems. In a skillet cook the sausage and break it into pieces. Drain and set aside. Mix the cream cheese, sausage, egg and cheeses with a hand mixer. Add oregano and garlic to taste- my sister usually adds 1/2 teaspoon of each. Allow mixture to sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Stuff mushrooms then sprinkle extra mozarella on top. Broil for 5-7 minutes until the tops are brown.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love mushrooms - these look wonderful! Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete