Monday, June 13, 2011

mini kisses praline bars











My mom said to quit baking treats because she can't stop eating them but I just cannot stop. I found a Hershey's cookbook she picked up in Hershey a while back on a trip to visit my family so of course I had to break it in. These are excellent.

mini kisses praline bars (cookbook: Easy Baking Hershey's Cocoa)

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar, divided

1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2/3 cup butter, divided

1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

1 3/4 cups (10-ounce) package Hershey's Mini Kisses Brand Milk Chocolates (I used milk chocolate chips)

Heat oven to 350. Stir together flour and 1 cup brown sugar in large bowl; cut into 1/2 cup butter with pastry blender until fine crumbs form. Press mixture into 13x9x2 inch baking pan; sprinkle with pecans. Place remaining 2/3 cup butter and remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar in small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 30 seconds, until sugar dissolves. Drizzle evenly over pecans and crust. Bake 18 to 22 minutes until topping is bubbly and golden; remove from oven. Immediatley sprinkle Mini Kisses over top. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 36 bars.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm a little bummed one of these won't magically appear on my doorstep this afternoon. I guess I'll have to make them for myself! :) Laura H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I hope I have a neighbor in OR with a sweet tooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these today for my parents. Sooooo yummy! My mom had to have the recipe right away. I also used some Reese's peanut butter chips on top. -Laura H.

    ReplyDelete