Wednesday, June 22, 2011

red lobster cheddar bay biscuits- top secret version











My sister saw a Red Lobster ad on television which prompted an immediate craving for these biscuits. The only major problem with making this recipe is that I didn't double or triple it. My grandmother came to dinner last night and said, "These taste just like the biscuits at Red Lobster and I love their biscuits" not knowing I had a copycat recipe up my sleeve. Outstanding!! My family declared this Hall of Fame!

red lobster cheddar bay biscuits- top secret version (food.com)

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix

4 tablespoons cold butter

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, grated

3/4 cup cold milk

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

brush on top:

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400. Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas. Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't overmix. Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet (I made 11). Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and parsley flakes. Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for red lobster cheddar bay biscuits top secret recipe, i will try to make it :)

    ReplyDelete