Friday, June 3, 2011

hershey's layer cookie bars









My friend Laura made our family a grilled barbecue chicken pizza and a grilled pepperoni pizza for dinner last night. I don't have the recipes yet but I'm working on it! You'll have to make those. But first, you'll want to stop what you're doing and make these layer cookie bars right now. They are incredible. I wasn't even sure what was in them when I first tried them but they are rich, rich, rich. Absolutely unreal. Hall of Fame for sure!!
P.S. I had another taste of my friend Morgane's ultimate chocolate brownies last night and was reminded of how sinful they are. You've got to try those too.

hershey's layer cookie bars (my neighbor friend Laura)
1 1/2 sticks butter
6 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup Heath Bits o' Brickle toffee bits
1 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs (about 50 wafers, crushed)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 350. Melt butter in a 13x9x2-inch pan in oven. Combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar; sprinkle over butter.
Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumb mixture. Top with chocolate chips and toffee bits, then nuts; press down firmly.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill, if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature. About 36 bars.


2 comments:

  1. Thinking about making these for a rs activity Tues pm. They sound SCRUMPTIOUS! We have a few nut allergies I need to work around. Think I could leave out the walnuts? Or substitute oatmeal? Would love suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd be safe to omit the nuts. I probably wouldn't use oatmeal because they wouldn't be as decadent. Let me know how you love them! : )

    ReplyDelete