Wednesday, June 1, 2011

mom's teriyaki sauce (grilled chicken)









This has been a favorite of mine since I was very young. My mom liked to marinate a London Broil and have my dad grill it (and he always liked to grill everything until it was "dead", and still does). This marinade is great for beef or chicken. I often requested mom's grilled teriyaki with double baked potatoes for my birthday dinners.

mom's teriyaki sauce (my mom)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup oil (I use half that)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients and marinate your favorite meat. For best results, marinate overnight then throw on the grill!

What I have to say- I remember my mom would often double the recipe. She would ask my dad to put the meat on the grill and as the meal grilled she'd boil the excess marinade in a saucepan over the stove so she could pour the marinade over the cooked meat. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment