Thursday, June 16, 2011

potato dill chicken










I've been wanting to try this recipe for weeks now and tonight was the perfect night. My family is a meat and potatoes kind of family and this was a HIT! It's so simple to prepare and so good. The sauce is thick and flavorful. It got rave reviews tonight. I made one casserole with the onions and one without for the picky eaters. It's fantastic either way.

potato dill casserole (blog: A for Effort)
3 chicken breasts, cubed
6 medium potatoes, cubed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
1/2 teaspoon dill
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken, potatoes and onions in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread the soup mixture over the potatoes and chicken. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until the potato is tender and the chicken is cooked through.

4 comments:

  1. I made this a month ago, but mine didn't turn out very well. Maybe I'll give it one more try! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick of my emails to you getting returned, therefore I've taken the liberty of opening up a real, live, email account for you. An email account that's not held together with duct tape and popsicle sticks somewhere in the middle of Saudi Arabia, run by a hamster wheel and a 10 watt lighbulb. An email account that holds your emails forever and never has issues, that runs like a dream. It's something called Gmail. I know how badly you (Paul) were hoping to be the only one left in the world that didn't have a gmail account but I just smashed that dream into a million and one pieces. Your welcome. Your email address is:
    camiemccullough@gmail.com and I (temporarily, of course) set your password up to be the two words (stuck together) of the item(s) you gave me at church right before you left that my husband was tickled pink about. Not being able to email you has sent me into a frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know that I'm not the only one that get most of the e-mails I send to you returned! Nice job taking that initiative Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you liked this! I have not been able to blog lately...life has just gotten too busy and the baby is due any day!

    ReplyDelete