Sunday, June 19, 2011

chocolate chip cheesecake cookie bars












My pregnant sister was looking over my shoulder at this recipe online and said, "We have to make those." So we did. These are pretty great. We highly recommend them!! Mmmm....

chocolate chip cheesecake cookie bars (blog: Dinners, Dishes and Desserts)
cookie layer:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips

cookie layer
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla


Cream together the butter, shortening and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips. Transfer this to another bowl. In mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Using a 13x9 pan, spread 1/2 of the cookie dough over the bottom of the pan. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the dough. With the remaining dough, drop chunks of it over the cream cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350. The top will be lightly browned and if you insert a toothpick it will come out clean. Allow to cool before slicing. Store in the refrigerator.

4 comments:

  1. I am making this recipie right NOW. Please don't delete it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make this but not sure how to as the instructions aren't as clear to me as I would like them to be. can I have u personally send me the recipe n instructions in my email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, my email is tracychester10@yahoo.com-- thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I'll send you a link to where I found the recipe.

    ReplyDelete