Monday, July 18, 2011

rosemary ranch chicken kabobs

















We had these on Saturday night and boy were they terrific.  When my friend Erin K. told me about the recipe I had to trust her when she got to the ingredient "ranch dressing".  It's very subtle if you're not a "dip everything in Ranch dressing" kind of person.  And if you are, you'll love it just the same.  Definitely use the fresh rosemary.  I think this was the first time I bought fresh rosemary and it was $3 well spent.

rosemary ranch chicken kabobs (my friend Erin K. found it at allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup olive oil (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I used soy sauce because I don't care for Worcestershire)
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
2 teaspoon salt (I omitted because I used soy sauce)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon white sugar or to taste (optional)
5 skinleess, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes

In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce (soy sauce), rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper and sugar.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Place chicken in the bowl and stir to coat with the marinade.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.  Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
Lightly oil the grill grate.  Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
I served mine over nutty brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment