Thursday, July 7, 2011

crispy fish with lemon-dill sauce









This dish was exactly what I expected and was delicious.  This was the first time I used an actual broiler pan (there was a brand new one in my new cupboard!) and what a difference.  The fish was so crispy and delicious.  Great sauce, too.

crispy fish with lemon-dill sauce (Cooking Light Magazine, April 2010)
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 cup panko
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets (I used boneless, skinless tilapia)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
cooking spray
1/4 cup canola mayonnaise (I used light)
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
lemon wedges

Preheat broiler.
Place egg whites in a shallow dish.  Combine panko, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a shallow dish.  Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper.  Dip each fillet in egg white then dredge in panko mixture; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.  Broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine mayo, pickle, lemon juice, and dill.  Serve with fish and lemon wedges.

What I have to say-  I made chicken the same way as the fish for our non-fish loving children.  The kids enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment