Tuesday, July 19, 2011

buffalo chicken and blue cheese wraps

















My dream sandwich come true.  It was absolutely scrumptious and definitely made Hall of Fame.  I loved the combination of the ketchup and Red Hot as the "secret sauce".  Oh, and I used leftover chicken from my Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs from the other night which was genius. 

buffalo chicken and blue cheese wraps (blog: Little Birdie Secrets)
kosher salt and pepper
2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used leftover Rosemary Ranch Chicken)
2 tablespoons lowfat Greek or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I used seasoned rice vinegar)
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on a diagonal
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 ounces blue cheese
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
4 medium flour tortillas or wraps

If you are not using leftover chicken like I did, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, bring to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt.  Add the chicken, reduce heat and gently simmer until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.  Transfer to a plate, and when cool enough to handle, shred into pieces.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.  Add the celery and scallions and toss to coat; fold in the blue cheese.
In a second bowl, whisk together the ketchup and wing sauce.  Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat.  Wrap up the chicken and celery salad in the tortillas.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE blue cheese. I wonder what would be a good substitution flavor wise....? Goat cheese? Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about feta. What's not to love about feta?

    ReplyDelete