Friday, July 15, 2011

betty mae's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies










My grandma always made the best cookies.  At Christmastime she would make all sorts of varieties of cookies and it wasn't until I was grown and wanting to make plates of cookies that I realized how much work it was but she knew our family always looked forward to them.  I've always loved this cookie.

betty mae's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (my dear grandma)
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
3 cups oats
1/2 cup each raisins and chocolate chips
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup nuts, optional
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1 tablespoon vanilla

Cream  shortening and sugars.  Add everything else except for the raisins and chocolate chips and mix until well mixed.  Add raisins and chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment