Saturday, July 16, 2011

homemade strawberry julius










Who doesn't love a nice strawberry drink in the summertime?!  This is a great strawberry drink.  It's not so much the "Strawberry Julius" I remember from when I was a kid but it's close enough.  My husband said, "That was the best strawberry julius I've ever had."  I've learned to follow up with a question that goes like this, "Was that your first strawberry julius?"  To which he responded, "It could be."

homemade strawberry julius (blog:  Amy's Cooking Adventures)
1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) fresh strawberries, stems removed
3/4 cup water
2 teaspoons meringue powder plus 2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cups sugar
2 cups ice

In a small bowl, whisk together the meringue powder and 2 tablespoons of water.
Pour the meringue mixture, strawberries, water, vanilla, sugar and ice into a blender.  Mix 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth.  Pour into glasses and garnish with additional strawberries.  Makes 3 drinks (if you make them the size I made mine you'll make about 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment