Monday, July 18, 2011

annie's marinated blue cheese mushrooms






These mushrooms will knock your socks off.  They were love at first bite for me.  My friend Annie knows how much I love them so once gave them to me as a gift, tied up with a bow!

annie's marinated blue cheese mushrooms (my friend Annie)
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup vegetable oil (I halved this)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar (still stocking my pantry so I used seasoned rice wine vinegar, fantastic!)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
hot sauce to taste (Frank's Red Hot)
2 cups fresh mushrooms, stems removed

In a medium bowl, mix together the blue cheese, vegetable oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, seasoning salt, white sugar, dry mustard and hot sauce.  Stir in the mushrooms.  Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours before serving.

I

1 comment:

  1. I made these today as a Father's Day treat for Kenyon. Even using asiago instead of blue cheese, they were a huge hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete