Tuesday, January 31, 2012

crock pot chicken and gravy









Simply put, our afternoons are crazy so out of necessity I have been trying out more slow cooker recipes.   This recipe is insanely easy to make and the kids love it.

crock pot chicken and gravy (blog: Plain Chicken)
2 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 envelope of chicken gravy mix
hot steamed rice or mashed potatoes

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Before serving bread the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.  Serve over hot steamed rice or mashed potatoes.

What I have to say- I put the soup and gravy mix in the crock pot with 2 large frozen chicken breasts (Foster Farms from Costco).  I started the temperature at high then when the chicken looked defrosted I turned it down to low for about 4 hours.

2 comments:

  1. We are having a church dinner tomorrow and one of my daughters suggested I make some chicken in gravy. So I came looking for a recipe and found your blog. I am going to cook this for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying this tonight. Not only is it a busy day, but #3 is getting braces. This will be the perfect low-maintenance, soft meal. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete