Saturday, January 7, 2012

york miniature peppermint patties brownies

















Chocolate+mint =a happy family.  This is an easy way to jazz up a pan of chocolate brownies, not that they ever need to be jazzed up, but sometimes it's fun to try something new.  When I saw this recipe in a magazine I could see the white mint layer from the York patties but I had thin mints on hand so I did not get the nice white layer as I had hoped.  Next time!  Either way, they are minty, chocolatey and delicious.

york miniature peppermint patties brownies (Real Simple Magazine, October 2010)
Prepare a 19-0unce box of brownie mix.  Spread half the batter in an oiled 8-inch square pan.  Top with 16 Hershey's York Miniatures Peppermint Patties, leaving even borders of batter.  Spread the remaining batter on top, bake according to directions.  Cool, cut into 16 squares.

P.S.  Hello Hershey friends- I thought of you when I made this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment