Tuesday, January 10, 2012

sun dried tomato and basil vinaigrette










I love friends who love food.  I really do.  My friend Kiana introduced me  to my new favorite homemade salad dressing.

sun dried tomato and basil vinaigrette (my friend Kiana)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed (Trader Joes)
1 shallot, peeled
1 small garlic clove, peeled
salt and ground black pepper
10 fresh basil leaves
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 

Process vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in blender until shallot and garlic are finely chopped.  With blender running, add basil, then oil and continue to process until smooth and emulsified, about 15 seconds. 

What I have to say- Kiana served this dressing over greens, red cabbage, snap peas and sliced carrots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment