Thursday, January 12, 2012

crispy garlic sage potatoes

















Hall of Fame!  I made a beautiful dinner- lemon sage chicken cutlets, these garlic sage potatoes and artichokes au gratin.  Did my kids eat anything but the potatoes?  No.  They were in too in love with these potatoes to eat anything else.  By the time my husband got to the table (he was lying down because he didn't feel very well) he was lucky to get the last 5 potatoes that I swiped before my kids got to them.  Fantastic!

crispy garlic sage potatoes (blog: What's for Dinner?)
4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges (I didn't peel mine)
1/2 cup olive oil
6 chopped sage leaves
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 smashed garlic cloves (I used minced)

Put a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack and preheat to 375 degrees.  Toss potato wedges with olive oil, chopped sage leaves, springs of sage, garlic, salt and pepper.  Spread on the hot baking sheet and roast 30 minutes.  Stir them around.  Continue roasting until golden, about 30 minutes.  Increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook until crisp, 15 more minutes.  Season with salt if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment