Thursday, January 12, 2012

almond joy cookie bars









As luck would have it I woke up this morning, exercised then quickly checked my google dashboard and saw this recipe.  I knew I had all the ingredients on hand and I also knew I invited the women I visit teach over for lunch tomorrow kind of last minute and needed something for dessert.  This will be perfect.  These cookie bars are superb.

almond joy cookie bars (Your Cup of Cake)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos (for a 9x13 pan I think you'll need more like 2 cups)
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a 9x13 pan (I prepared an 8x8 because my bottom layer wouldn't fill a 9x13).  If your almonds are raw and not toasted, toast the almonds on a pan in the oven for about 5 minutes. (I stuck them in the oven while the oven preheated).
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and crushed Oreos.  Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and press firmly to create your crust.  Spread the chocolate chips and toasted almonds on top followed by the coconut.  Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the coconut.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top starts to brown.  Let it rest in the pan for at least 30 minutes then cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment