Monday, February 6, 2012

pan de chocolat

























When I saw this decadent dessert online I was reminded of the many, many pan de chocolates I ate on campus at the BYU-Hawaii cafeteria the first semester I lived there.  The first time I saw it I didn't think it could possibly be good so I ate one.  I wouldn't have eaten one had I known that every night after dinner I'd have to have one for dessert.  I had forgotten about these until I made them for my family and for a friend who was coming home from out-of-town after having been to a funeral.  My husband saw them and said his mother used to make them all the time, only without the powdered sugar (she served her mission in France).  Instead of calling them "chocolate filled crescents" she called them pan de chocolat.  With only three ingredients this dessert is a must-make!

pan de chocolat (adapted from Pillsbury)
1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury buttery flake crescent dinner rolls
mini chocolate chips (don't be stingy!)
powdered sugar for dusting

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Separate dough into 8 triangles.
Place a tablespoon of chocolate chips all over triangles and press down on chocolate chips to secure.  Roll up, starting at longest end of triangle, rolling to opposite point.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Dust with powdered sugar.

What I have to say-  you'll want to make a double batch for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment