Monday, February 6, 2012

jalapeno popper chicken









This chicken brought back great memories of living in a tiny apartment in California with my husband when I was pregnant with my first child.  I craved jalapeno poppers like crazy so I would bake jalapeno poppers and we would sit and dip them into Taco Bell sauce while watching a t.v. show we both liked.  I savored every bite and felt slightly guilty that I was allowing myself such an indulgence so regularly.
This chicken tastes exactly how I remember those jalapeno poppers tasted.  YUM!!  This is a new favorite.

jalapeno popper chicken (adapted from blog: Cassie Craves)
4 ounces light cream cheee
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
4 strips bacon, cooked and diced (I like to bake my bacon now!)
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (mine were huge)
1 cup panko (season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder for best results)
1/4 cup canola oil

Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and jalapenos in a small bowl.
Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast and fill with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
Roll the chicken breasts in panko to coat.  Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned.  Finish baking in an oven at 350 until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment