Tuesday, January 28, 2020

slow cooker curry chicken











We really liked this curry and it's so easy!  I'm embarrassed about the canned soup but I used Healthy Request and felt better about that (less fat and no added msg).  I thought the spice was just about right for my family but I could've gone a little spicier- I like my curry spicy enough to need to grab a tissue. :)

slow cooker curry chicken (adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 onion, chopped
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's Healthy Request)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (Campbell's Healthy Request)
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (I used light)
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
3 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 cup peas
2 cups halved mushrooms (so it's easier for my kids to pick them out!)

Heat 2 tablespoons water in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until transparent.
In a large bowl, stir together the soups, coconut milk, fresh onion, dehydrated onion, curry powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper until the mixture is thoroughly combined.  Place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the peas and carrots over the chicken.  Now pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cook on high for 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment