Friday, January 31, 2020

crock pot thai chicken soup











My husband LOVED this.  I don't mean to be disagreeable here but I thought something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it.  I liked it but I ate it with a furrowed brow.  It definitely needs the squeeze of lime so don't omit that.  I also thought it needed a lot more spice which was surprising since 4 tablespoons of red curry paste is quite a lot, or so I anticipated.

crock pot thai chicken soup (adapted from the endless meal.com)
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 2-inch piece of ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar
3 cups chicken stock
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I doubled this)
1 can light coconut milk
1 lime
8 ounces brown rice noodles (from Costco), cooked according to package directions
optional toppings:  lime wedges, sauteed mushrooms, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, black pepper

Add all ingredients to your crock pot EXCEPT the coconut milk, lime and noodles and stir together.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Remove the chicken thighs and shred.  Return the chicken to the crock pot.  Add the coconut milk and stir.  Let the coconut milk warm for 10-15 minutes.
Place the noodles in a bowl and top with the soup.  Add optional toppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment