Sunday, January 19, 2020

5 minute healthy tomato soup











Do you want to know why I love this soup?  I will always have every one of these ingredients on hand because of my food storage.  It's the stuff I use ALL THE TIME.  Instead of making it as the recipe called for, I dumped everything in a slow cooker and turned it on and cooked it from morning until we ate it for dinner.  So that's LESS-than-5-minute healthy tomato soup!

5 minute healthy tomato soup  (adapted from ifoodreal)
2 (28 ounce) cans tomato puree
2 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper

Like I said, I dumped it all in a slow cooker but here's how the recipe tells you to do it-
Preheat medium pot on low-medium heat and swirl olive oil.  Add garlic, oregano and basil.  Sautee for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.  Add tomatoes, vinegar, broth, salt and pepper and let simmer for 3 minutes or until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment