Thursday, January 16, 2020

chicken and rice meatballs with hummus











I'm in love.  This meal was just right.  I found the recipe earlier this week while waiting for my kids at their orthodontist appointment (lucky find!).  This is going to be a regular at my house.  I rushed making dinner to get a picture before dark but it didn't work out- the Pacific Northwest is like that.  Look up the recipe online for a professional pic! 
Note:  I liked the salad a bit on the wilty side so next time I'll make it a few minutes before it's time to eat.

chicken and rice meatballs with hummus (adapted from bon appetite magazine, Dec 2019)
6 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 pound ground chicken (from Trader Joes)
1 1/2 cups cooled cooked jasmine rice
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
4 small dill pickles, sliced
2 persian cucumbers, sliced
4 cups salad mix
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt
hummus, to serve (use Trader Joe's spicy hummus- it's soooo good!)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Gently mix green onions, garlic, ginger, chicken, rice, curry powder and salt in a medium bowl.  Form mixture into 15 balls.  Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Toss onion, pickles, cucumbers, salad mix, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine. 
Spread hummus on plates; top with meatballs and salad.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to try this, I have two pounds of ground chicken breast to use and wanted to try something new

    ReplyDelete