Saturday, April 5, 2014

restaurant style salsa









When I am asked what my favorite food is I have a difficult time answering.  It depends on what kind of mood I'm in and what I've had lately.  This salsa just reminded me that I can eat salsa ANYTIME.  I eat it daily, in fact.  I'm pretty sure it's my favorite food...at least right now.  This salsa is sooooo good.  I am so glad I gave it a whirl.
Last time I hosted the sister missionaries to dinner I made Buckeye Balls to honor Sis. Cooper from Ohio.  Tonight I am honoring Sis. Marvel from Arizona.

restaurant style salsa (adapted from The Pioneer Woman)
2 cans (10 ounce) mild Rotel
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice

Place all ingredients into a large blender.  Blend until combined and yo get the consistency you'd like.  Test seasonings with a tortilla chip (or a Triscuit- that's my thing) and adjust as needed.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment