Saturday, March 22, 2014

chicken quesadillas with peppers










I highly recommend these for breakfast, lunch or dinner (I should say breakfast, lunch, AND dinner)- I have eaten them consecutively for my last three meals.   My husband said they tasted gourmet!

chicken quesadillas with peppers (pass the peas, please)
1 grilled chicken breast, thinly sliced (I used leftovers- I always have grilled chicken in the fridge)
1 cup chopped red, yellow and green frozen peppers from Trader Joes
sprinkling of cumin
few drops of olive oil
mozzarella cheese
tortillas (I used white and whole wheat)

Add a few drops of olive into a medium hot fry pan.  Add chicken and about a cup of frozen peppers.  Stir fry until heated through and add a sprinkling of cumin.  Mix thoroughly.
Heat a grill pan on low.  Place a tortilla on the pan.  Add 1/4 cup cheese.  Spread half of the chicken mixture on top of the tortilla.  Sprinkle another 1/4 cup over the top then cover with another tortilla.  Cook on low until you get nice lines on the tortilla.  Flip over.  Cook until cheese is melted and you have lines on the bottom side.
Slice into fourths and serve with green sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of grilling them. Tortillas are our staple food.. much more so than bread. Have you ever grilled pizza? So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled pizza is divine! I love the grill- sunshine, snow, rain, sleet I'm always out there grilling.

    ReplyDelete