Sunday, April 6, 2014

mandy's smoked pork (but in a slow cooker)









My friend Mandy makes the best smoked pork.  As you can see here I posted her recipe a while back.  Today I went ahead and made it via slow cooker.  It worked great and it's just as fabulous (with less clean up).  So...the next time you're at Costco, pick up a nice 8 to 9 pound pork loin and go for it.  It will fill up your slow cooker and you'll have plenty for dinner.  Then I do what Mandy taught me to do and I fill up zip-lock bags and freeze it.  I pull it out as needed and add barbecue sauce for pulled pork or use it to make green enchiladas- my personal favorite.

mandy's smoked pork slow cooker style (my friend mandy, aka Gourmet Mom on the Go)
8 to 9 pound pork loin
sea salt
liquid smoke

All you do is unwrap the pork loin.  Cut it in half cross-wise so both pieces will fit into your slow cooker.  Sprinkle sea salt and both sides of the pork loin.  Pour liquid smoke all over the pork loin.  Place in slow cooker on high.  Today I cooked mine for 9 hours and it was PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment