Sunday, December 22, 2013

sugar "glue"









Every Christmas season we like to decorate with candy whether it's sugar cone trees, sugar cookies, gingerbread men or houses.  Then we have the tradition of eating the sugary decorations on New Year's Eve...the kids go wild as I watch with a big grin and camera in hand.  My oh my how my kids love candy!  For future reference, I thought I should jot down how to adhere sugar cones to the paper plates (it also works for gingerbread houses).

sugar "glue"
Simply pour any amount of sugar into a pot and cook over medium heat until the sugar melts completely.  Turn the stove off.  Dip the top of the sugar cone into the melted sugar then place on the paper plate.  It dries in minutes.  Once it's on, it's on!

What I have to say-  I used about 3/4 cup sugar to secure about 72 sugar cones this year and had leftover.  I also need to say that when you have used all the sugar glue, rinse it out of your pot right away or it will harden and you'll have to soak your pot overnight to get it out.  I have experience here. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment