Thursday, December 5, 2013

homemade italian breadcrumbs

















I wanted to make "chicken with tomatoes" tonight but didn't have Italian breadcrumbs on hand.  I wanted to try this recipe so desperately that I decided not to wait but to make my own breadcrumbs.  I think it was the homemade breadcrumbs that turned tonight's dinner into a super huge success.  The recipe tasted like chicken parmesan but the best I've ever had.

homemade italian breadcrumbs (food.com)
enough bread to make 2 cups breadcrumbs (I used about 3 slices whole wheat bread)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

Put bread into a blender and process until you achieve breadcrumbs.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined.  Bake at 300 degrees on a cookie tray with a lip for 5 to 10 minutes.  Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment