Thursday, January 3, 2013

creamy salsa chicken









Yum.  Dinner tasted delicious tonight.  I served this main dish with some sweet corn and chili as sides.  I was proud to watch my kids eat and eat until they polished off their plates. Seriously though- I am proud of my kiddos.  They are fantastic eaters.

creamy salsa chicken (adapted from Chef Mommy)
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can salsa (I used my homemade salsa.  Use a salsa you love!)
1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (I love Kirkland brand from Costco)
sliced green onions for serving

Put chicken, soup and salsa in slow cooker.  Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything.  Cook on high until chicken is thawed then turn to low and cook as long as you want!  Shred the chicken right in the slow cooker then stir in Greek yogurt a few minutes before serving.  Serve over hot rice and sprinkle green onions on top.

What I have to say- the leftovers will be fantastic in some enchiladas!


No comments:

Post a Comment