Monday, January 28, 2013

honey bun cake









The other day my son called me Sweetie Buns.  I wasn't sure where he came up with that one but then again that kid is full of surprises.  As my two youngest were helping me make this cake I told them we didn't have sour cream to make the cake so we'd use Greek yogurt instead.  My son said to my daughter, "She said freak yogurt."  To which my daughter responded, "No she didn't.  She said creek yogurt."  Whatever you choose to call your yogurt is up to you.  All I have to say is that this cake is awesome; rave reviews from my kids.

honey bun cake (Plain Chicken)
1 package plain yellow cake mix
1 cup Greek yogurt
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs

1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, yogurt, oil and eggs on low speed of an electric mixer for 1 minute.  Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.  Pour into prepared pan.
Drizzle honey on top of batter then sprinkle on the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.  With a knife, swirl topping to blend.  Bake 38-40 minutes.  Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.  Pour over warm cake.  Allow cake to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment