Saturday, April 18, 2020

vegan baked oatmeal











Delicious!  I adjusted a recipe that I love so my oldest could enjoy breakfast with us.  The coconut milk was so good I don't think I'll use cow's milk again!  I omitted the eggs from the original recipe but next time I'll try the whole flax seed egg substitute.  I just wasn't ready to try that this time and wasn't sure it was necessary.
Note:  For dessert tonight I pulled out a cheesecake and fresh berries.  I felt bad my oldest couldn't have any cheesecake so pulled some leftover baked oatmeal from the fridge for her.  We discovered that cold baked oatmeal is delicious!  

vegan baked oatmeal
2 tablespoons plant based butter substitute, melted
1/3 cup honey
3 cups quick oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can light coconut milk
1 cup fruit of your choice- berries, diced apples, etc.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare an 8x8 pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine melted butter and honey.  Add the oats, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and coconut milk.  Stir well to combine.  Fold in the fruit.
Pour into prepared pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes.  You can serve with more fruit and milk on top if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment