Tuesday, April 14, 2020

german pancakes











I was asked to participate in a recipe exchange yesterday and I am so excited!  Yesterday afternoon I had already received three new recipes and this is one of them.  I had everything on hand so made it for breakfast and it was a huge hit!  I was so impressed I shared the recipe with a few friends and one of them said she doubles the recipe so another friend did that this morning and it looked awesome.  I'll do that next time.  I'll put a note at the end how to do that.
I love how food brings people together. :)

german pancakes (Covid-inspired recipe exchange, from someone named Chantel B.)
6 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter (I used half that amount)

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  In a 9x13 pan melt 1 tablespoon butter in every corner and center.
Mix together the eggs, flour, milk, vanilla and salt.
Remove baking dish from the oven once the butter is melted.  Pour mixture over melted butter.  Place in oven and bake for 22-24 minutes.  Pancake will start out super fluffy but will settle after it has cooled a bit.  Cut into squares and serve with strawberries and powdered sugar or maple syrup.  Some like to serve with sour cream, strawberries and brown sugar.  I bet my kids would love Nutella!

To double:  All you do is double the ingredients and put it into the same sized pan.  Bake 10-15 minutes longer than indicated above.  Will be thicker and bigger.

2 comments:

  1. I grew up eating these. Great with powdered sugar and lemon juice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powdered sugar and lemon juice sounds delicious, Melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete