Sunday, April 12, 2020

easter dinner- raclette



































Happy Easter!  I couldn't imagine an Easter dinner without raclette.  I loved having raclette with my grandparents all growing up.  It was such a special treat and is still a special treat. 
My grandparents learned about raclette when my grandparents served 3 out of their 5 temple missions there.  I was fortunate to visit Switzerland twice while they were on their missions.  Once as a 4 year old and again when I was 24.  I love Switzerland!  What a gorgeous, clean, outstanding country.  I hope I am fortunate to go again someday.  My great, great grandfather was 100% Swiss, by the way.  Although I can probably claim every European country I love to claim my Swiss heritage.  Moving on...

Look at the amazing colors of vegetables and meats we'll be eating this afternoon!  Raclette cheese is sometimes hard to find so I was grateful that Trader Joes had some in stock a few weeks back.  If you've never had raclette here's what you do:  First of all, purchase a raclette machine at Amazon.com.  I've been buying them as Christmas gifts for the past few years for family members because gift giving can be so perplexing.  So far everyone has loved theirs.

The top rack is for grilling meats and veggies.  The little trays are for melting trays.
You make sure you have some cooked red potatoes.  You squash your red potatoes on your plate and top with melty cheese, grilled meats and veggies.  My grandparents always offered Mexi-corn and pimientos.  Some like to enjoy their raclette with crusty bread.  You can't go wrong!  Last year we made it and added mushrooms.  I wish I hadn't forgotten the mushrooms this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment