Thursday, December 14, 2017

andes mint cookies











These are awesome!  My husband tried them at our kids' piano recital and my daughter who helped make them at a friend's house said they were sooooo easy to make so I asked for the recipe.  My friend Amy says she always has a box of cake mix and a package of Andes mints on hand in case someone in the family needs to take refreshments somewhere last minute and with kids going to mutual and firesides, it happens frequently!  Now I have a box of cake mix and a package of Andes mints in my food storage pantry. :)

andes mint cookies (my friend Amy N.)
1 (15.25) package devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 package Andes Mints

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs.  Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet.  Bake for 6-9 minutes.  Take baking sheet out of oven and while cookies are still very hot, place an Andes mint on the top of each cookie.  In about 5 minutes, the mint will be melted.  Take a spoon and smooth out each mint like frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment