Friday, March 8, 2013

toffee bit cookies










I get nervous when I bake cookies because they often don't look like the photo that enticed me into making them in the first place.  Not so with this recipe.  This recipe turned out fantastic and they taste how they look.  I couldn't name them "Heath" toffee bit cookies because I had leftover homemade English Butter Toffee which I used for the inside of the cookie but I also had some Heath bits in the cupboard so I used those to roll them in before baking.  I let my 3-year old sample both kinds of toffee bits and he said the homemade bits were the best.  That's my boy!  Either way you can't go wrong.  Just make them and eat them up (and share a few).  Cookies always taste better when you share them.  At least that's what I tell my kids.

toffee bit cookies (Bakerella)
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/3 cup (8 ounce) bag toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix flour, soda and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.
In another bowl, cream butter, dark brown sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
Stir in toffee bits, reserving some to dip tops of cookies.
Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls.  Dip tops of cookies in bits and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.  Bake about 10 minutes.  Made 40 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment