Friday, March 1, 2013

brunch stuffed peppers










I kept seeing recipes for brunch stuffed peppers but never the exact way I would want to eat them so I made my own recipe.  I loved them!  My husband and I split three of them and we probably could've eaten more.  They were moist and tasty.  I enjoyed how the sweetness of the pepper complimented the savory insides.  The next time we have breakfast for dinner we're having these!

brunch stuffed peppers (pass the peas, please)
3 yellow bell peppers
1/2 pound black forest ham or breakfast ham, diced
3/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1/4 cup Jiffy baking mix (Bisquick would work)
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 slices pepper jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
Remove the tops of each bell pepper.  Place them in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine Egg Beaters, feta, baking mix, sour cream, green onion, spinach and black pepper.  Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each bell pepper.  Place 1/2 of a slice of pepper jack cheese over the top of the stuffed pepper.  Bake about 45-50 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from the oven and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment