Tuesday, May 10, 2016

korean bulgogi










Dinner tonight is going to be GOOD!  I know this because I sampled this Korean bulgogi at my daughter's second grade international feast.  Right now it's marinating in the fridge.  I love when there's something great to look forward to at dinnertime.
After dinner update:  Hall of Fame!  Everyone loved it.

korean bulgogi (a boy from my daughter's 2nd grade class)
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin , 1/8-1/4" thick
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons sugar or honey
1 tablespoon sesame seeds 
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 green onions, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional

Combine all the ingredients except the beef in a large bowl.  Mix well.
Add the beef to the bowl.  Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Put the meat on a hot grill or in a broiler pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Cook until the meat is browned.
Bulgogi can be served with lettuce leaves and rice on the side so that diners can wrap the meat in the lettuce leaves with a bit of rice.  I'm serving mine with some steamed rice and kim chee.

No comments:

Post a Comment