Thursday, March 31, 2016

slow cooker pumpkin chicken curry










I adapted this recipe for a slow cooker and it was delicious!  And once again, easy.  I enjoyed mine with some garlic chili sauce on top because I wanted a spicy kick.

slow cooker pumpkin chicken curry (adapted from Parents Magazine, October 2015)
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
1 onion (I carmelized mine)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Mix the puree, milk, onion, garlic, ginger, curry, salt and pepper in the slow cooker.  Add the chicken and stir to combine.  Put the lid on and cook on low for at least 6 hours.  Serve over brown basmati rice.  Pour on the garlic chili sauce if you like spice!

Note:  I meant to add spinach leaves at the end but forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment