Tuesday, April 12, 2016

bow-tie chinese chicken salad









I tried this salad at a baby shower over the weekend and it was soooo good that I wanted to make it at home as soon as possible.  It was perfect that I had leftover teriyaki chicken in the fridge.  I was certain that two of my daughters wouldn't eat it but I was sooooo WRONG!  They enjoyed it too.  This recipe is a keeper and repeater.

bow-tie chinese chicken salad (Melissa C.)
dressing:
2/3 cup soy sauce
6 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup parsley, chopped (I used fresh) 

salad:
1 bag baby spinach
12 ounce bag bow-tie pasta, cooked (I couldn't find bow-tie in whole wheat)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I omitted)
3-4 cooked chicken breasts (boil 20-30 min and shred with fork when cooled)
3 green onions, chopped

Make dressing in blender.
Marinate chicken in dressing for 1-2 hours or more in fridge.
Mix ingredients together a half hour before serving.

Note:  This makes A LOT of dressing.  I may need to cut it in half next time

No comments:

Post a Comment