Tuesday, December 1, 2015

chocolate cherry fudge













Christmas is in full swing at our house.  We love Christmas at our house and we've had to make ourselves wait to make Christmas goody deliveries.  When we received our first plate of Christmas goodies on November 30th I gave myself permission to jump on the bandwagon.  This fudge is delicious, soft and creamy.   I love to make fudge because it reminds me of my grandma Betty Mae who made fudge every Christmas.  I love to make all kinds of fudge- this was my first time making cherry fudge.  Merry Christmas!
(Our labels this year say "Have a very Cherry Christmas!".  You could also write "Hope your Christmas is Cherry and Bright!")

chocolate cherry fudge
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup diced dried cherries

Heat sugar, butter and milk to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Boil on medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees.  Remove from heat.  Stir in chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted.  Stir in vanilla and cherries.  Spread in a greased 9-inch square pan.  Cool at room temperature at least 4 hours.  Cut into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment