Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ranger cookies remade









This post is for my husband.  I take that back.  It's for me so that I can remember to make these for my husband.  My friend Gillian made these for us weeks ago and my husband went crazy for them.  He poured himself a tall glass of milk and I sat in awe as I watched him dunk bite after bite after bite.  He doesn't even like coconut...at all!  He said it had something to do with the rice krispies.  I say it was the M&Ms (he can't fool me).

ranger cookies remade (my friend Gillian)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 1/3 cups flaked coconyt
1 cup M&Ms

Beat butter 30 seconds.  Add sugars, baking powder and baking soda; beat till combined.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Beat in as much of the flour as you can.  Stir in remaining flour.  Stir in cereal, coconut and M&Ms.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake in a 375 oven about 8 minutes or till edges are golden.  Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.  Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.  Makes about 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment